Wednesday 6 April 2011

My Progress

As mentioned in a previous post, I've been terrible at tracking my progress via this blog. This is something I plan to rectify in the coming weeks, starting by showing what I've been doing with my time in regards to this module and 3d work in general.

I have watched countless tutorials on the subject. Hours and hours of Lynda.com tutorials, youtube videos, online articles and manuals (including the built in autodesk training). These tutorials have covered areas related to:
  • Essential training (getting to know the program itself)
  • Basic Geometry and Modelling
  • Sub-Division Modelling
  • Modifiers
  • Character Modelling
  • Modelling theory and techniques (Edge loops, topology, poles, quads etc)
  • Cameras, lighting and rendering
As well as the tutorials, I have spent a large amount of time attempting to create models myself without any sort of tutorial or guide to follow (with the exception of reference plates of course!).

After studying more into areas such as theory and detailed character modelling, I have decided not to use any of the models I have created so far in my project, as they contain many mistakes that will give me more trouble when it comes to animating.

My first step is to post up what I've done so far, with a bit of information on how I accomplished the work. After that, I'll be going a bit more in depth into the topics I mentioned above, then I'll start documenting my progress on my actual models.

No comments:

Post a Comment